Saturday, January 24, 2009

Our weekend down the drain.

Last night started out the weekend. We always get together with the Dian's and as of lately the Breymeier's. Friday nights are Dian Friday. We have dinner then let the kids play while the grown ups chat and sometimes play games. It's a nice way to de-compress from the week.

Then...today we have friends from out of town coming over in the morning and a birthday party to go to in the evening. I am also not feeling great so I was going to do the best I could to hold it together.

Tomorrow, we were going to "Rock the Cradle" at the Minneapolis Institute of Art with friends. Apparently that is a whole day thing.

And.....NOT SO MUCH.

Claire woke up at 6:45 this morning puking. Poor little baby. I mean the girl is 2. She was in our room sleeping in her Dora bed on the floor, and I hear the cough that all mom's know. The gurgly cough that says....get that damn kid to the bathroom STAT!

So I ran her in. She had no idea what was happening, but I heard it....in her belly. Then.....blurp! There it was, and she was crying. I never thought I would have to hold my daughter's hair while she puked. It was so so sad.

I have a friend who's daughter is 8 and has some kind of CVS. It sucks. I never knew how it would be if my kids were sick like that. I mean...I definitely have sympathy for them when dealing with it, but.....now.....seeing a toddler throw up is really sad. My kids thankfully never do. Until now.

So goodbye active weekend. Hello sofa and movie weekend.

No comments: