Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Something AWESOME to think about

Today is an historic day. Nope....Claire isn't potty trained yet, and Miles hasn't given up Star Wars for shopping and cleaning up after himself.

It's the day Barack Obama becomes our president. I have not been all that political here because this is the first time in many many years that I have even bothered to care. I mean...not just here in my blog, but at all. I am not by nature a political person. Just ask anyone who knows me and who has yelled at me about "not doing my part as an American" by voting, or otherwise. I just didn't care to follow everything, and why the hell would I make an UN-INFORMED choice. That's much worse in my opinion.

However. I followed. I read. I learned and I studied. I made a choice and I am happy.

Talking to Ryan today, we are so excited for our kids. They will never think in their life that a non-white president is a big deal. I like it! I am thankful I was able to be around for it. Suffice it to say...I am happy for me, for you, and for our kids that change is here.

Not just the change that will come with new Administration, but change in the mindset of American people.

You may not agree with me, and hey....that is ok......we are allowed to disagree. But I will be just a bit happier today. If not only for the notion of something new coming, but for the fact there are NO cartoons on today and the kids are fine with it. As Miles says, "Yay! Barack Obama!"

No comments: