Friday, January 9, 2009

Miles and Youtube.

A while back, Ryan had shown Miles Star Wars Lego videos on Youtube. They are all stop animation with Legos. He loves it. They will re-enact scenes from the movies. And Miles will sit and watch them like nobody's business.

He has, as of late, been allowed to choose his own videos. Ryan will set him up on the computer with the first video and then Miles will scroll down after each one to find a new one. All the time, Miles has adult supervision.

At some point, he had found new ones. They are the same type of videos but they are Batman, Indiana Jones, or Harry Potter. He also loves these.

But the other day I noticed that Ryan had left the room and Miles was watching the videos. Then I heard all kinds of swears, dirty talk, and serious laughing from Miles.

Now.....just so you all know....I try not to use bad language around my 4 and 2 year old. But they DO know what the bad words are. And they really know not to use them.

I had to shut down the computer. Miles looking very befuddled, asked me why I did it. I told him it was bad language and kinda not ok for younger kids.

He told me...there were no boobs, vaginas, or other private business. Then he began humming the Star Wars theme song like it would convince me otherwise.

Or maybe he was using the Force.

Either way....we have been VERY cautious with his Youtube viewing. He is only 4 you know. But apparently you can never get enough Star Wars. Appropriate or otherwise.

No comments: