Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I only complain about the weather when it's hot out.

But....what is up with all the rain this month? It's October in Minnesota. It should be crisp and sunny and beautiful with fall colors.

I should be able to go to the North Shore and hike with a sweatshirt and jeans on, but not gloves and a scarf.

It's barely above 40 degrees and it's supposed to *gulp* snow on Saturday morning a bit. I love winter too, but really mother nature? Skipping the most beautiful season?

I barely see any color changes. I didn't make an apple pie yet. I haven't been to the orchard to get apples and a pumpkin. My kids haven't had a runny nose from it being chilly out yet. I haven't crunched leaves under my feet for half a block when walking with the kids. What the hell?!?

I still hold out hope that Halloween will be perfect. If it's not, then well, day after Thanksgiving shopping better be amazing. I'm just sayin'.

This didn't happen in my backyard this year. I'm a little bitter.

1 comment:

McVal said...

Wow! Snow already??! It was darn cold this morning in Iowa too. I had to SCRAPE my car!!! Had to go back in the house for the scraper too. Didn't think I'd need it in the car yet.