Thursday, October 29, 2009

It's happening again

I really need a break from all this crap. Claire of course is at it again. Woke up in the middle of the night, proceeded to kneel in front of the wall, and whisper her damn head off.

Seriously. I have no idea whatsoever, who she is chatting with, but I wish they would stop contacting her at 3 am. It's been going on for almost a year. On and off.

First it was the Man and the Boy, then Diego. And now..who the hell knows.

All I know is, I wake up to whispering. Not crystal clear whispering. Just hazy-please-be-a-dream whispering. Then I look over and Claire is kneeling in front of the wall. KNEELING! Like she is praising some kind of other world being. Ugh.

I have taken to letting the kids "sleep over" in my room when Ryan is out of town. Which as of late, has been a lot. But they have to sleep on the floor in their little fold out sofas. Well when the whispering starts, I just tell Claire to get into bed with me. The first time I did that, the kneeling stopped.

But now....not so much. GAAAHHH!!!! She is kneeling facing the headboard. WHISPERING.

Last night she just kept kneeling, whispering, "So...what should we do next?" Or, "So what were you saying?" She kept being interrupted by dear old me. Politely asking her to stop talking. Really. I was very polite for 4 in the morning. I would say, "Claire, I need to sleep. You are being rude. If you want to blab blab blab all night long, go to your own room. Shut the door. And leave mommy alone."

She would lay down everytime. But shortly there after I would hear..."So that was being rude. Mommy wants me to be quieter."

And so once again....I got nothing. Maybe I should call that show, Paranormal State. Maybe I just don't really want to know. Maybe if I found out, I would have the same face Claire's preschool teacher had when I told her about it.

I had to warn the poor woman that Claire had been up since 3ish and may be a bit tired. I told her what actually happened, because hey, she asked. But when she looked at me, I swear, I saw pure fear. That would be me if I found out what was REALLY chatting up my poor daughter at 3 in the morning. Cause you know it isn't gonna be good. No shit.

3 comments:

McVal said...

I'm sorry! I'm laughing. With you, really!
That's just kind of creepy... but it's been going on for so long. She's got an imaginary friend that can only talk at 3am. I'm thinking they're in Europe somewhere.

Kelly said...

I don't believe in that kind of shit, but fuck me thats creepy!

Goldilocks5150 said...

You should set up a video camera and see if you can catch anything on it, a la "paranormal activity" :P