Thursday, October 1, 2009

What I want isn't asking too much.

I haven't posted in a while. I've been sick. I know I know...big surprise. Not sick H1N1 sick, but really sick. I'm actually headed to the Mayo Clinic on the 19th. Thank God for that....this is not what the post is about.

Here is a list of things I was thinking about over the past few days. I would like a few things to happen. Nothing dramatic. Just a couple of things. Not for any particular reason, but because...I want them to change or be better, or just do what the hell I want.

1. I want my kids to NOT write on each other with markers. They're 3 and 5 for crying out loud. Really? (this one shouldn't even be here. They totally know better, but because I'm too weak to fight them....this is what happens.)

2. I want to have a Dian Friday again. Not soon, but again. Sometime.

3. In an effort to "battle the bulge", I found that becoming extremely sick, eating virtually nothing for 2 weeks, and barely getting water down, is NOT, I repeat NOT the best diet plan out there. Besides, yoga pants are pretty much one-size-fits-all. Learn a new healthy lifestyle. (this one is funny. It really is.)

4. I would love to go to the North Shore with my family and hike in the fall air. It's already fall here. Cold, sunny, crisp, and yells for me to make apple pie. I would like to eat apple pie.

5. I want to do a playdate again. Now the kids have started school, I can't do them anymore. It's disrupting my life. I don't have playdate time. Which means no grown up time with their parents/my friends. *sigh*

Ok....now just somethings the kids have said to me over the past few weeks, that are definitely things I wish I had a video camera to catch.

I asked Miles why he was watching his sister's Barbie princess movies. He told me, "it helps me understand the girls at school better mom."

Claire told Ryan he had "a booger hanging out of his nose, like a monkey hangs out of a tree."

Miles told me he tries to sit with the girls at circle time and they keep moving away from him. I asked him how come. He said, "because they're girls and they don't like me and C (C is his new friend)." I asked him what he did about it. He said, " I told them, "girls I'm done with this business!" and then just ignored them."

Now...I'm going to attempt to make dinner. Dry toast and water. Ha ha...my mom used to tell me that if I was bad when I got older, I would go to jail and they would only serve me bread and water. Apparently you CAN survive on it.

2 comments:

Jilly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jilly said...

Dian Fridays will be back...no worries