Wednesday, August 12, 2009

I got nada.

Ryan is gone.

Claire and Miles are sleeping. They should be since it's 11 pm.

I have spent more time with my girlfriend Anne and her baby in the past few days, we joke we could just get married. Minus the "intimate" details. Our kids get along so well. Miles and Claire love little "P". Claire is going to marry him. I know it.
And since our husbands work together, you know that means they are travelling all over the damn place at the same time. Not together. But they are gone nonetheless. So why not.

I have a semi clean house, only because I haven't been home to mess it up thoroughly enough to warrant real cleaning.

My friend B is coming over tomorrow. We are grilling a turkey. He bossed me around about the brine. And so now I have raw turkey floating in a salt and sugar water/spice solution in my fridge. Sounds yummy. Miles totally won't eat it either. I'm gonna have to grill up some kind of hot dog. ugh.

And that is pretty much it. I have little to no energy to finish thank you cards for the kid's birthday gifts. Which is killing me, cause I am sooo that mom. And I really want to get that darn birthday photo/party post up, cause you won't believe how much pink I allowed in my house for Claire's party. But I am too wiped. Sad and pathetic? Absolutely.

Some days are just a wear-your-helmet-upside-down-and-backwards kind of day

1 comment:

beth said...

hahaha! thank you for that picture!