Saturday, August 22, 2009

I'm going to Omaha.

So I have put it out there on my facebook page. Anyone who knows what the hell to do in Omaha Nebraska with 2 kids...please I beg you, let me know.

We are venturing to Omaha NE tomorrow. We have decided that if we want to see Ryan at all this month, we must travel with him. And that means we are headed to the beautiful hip happening city of Omaha.

I know I sound so positive about this experience. *Did you hear that sarcasm?* I sound like a city snob. I imagine Omaha has....corn....livestock....and Starbucks. At least that's what Ryan said. And what city doesn't have a Starbucks these days? I think, quite possibly the Amish drink Starbucks. It just takes longer to grind the beans.

My girlfriend told me there was a nice zoo there. *sigh* Aaaaaand....that's about it. I found online that they have a Botanical Gardens in the area. But it's gonna be raining and a million degrees when we visit. I am sure I have made it pretty clear about how much I love heat. So...I will be bringing the umbrellas and some sort of self cooling system. Although the kids will love the umbrellas.

But..whatelse? What the hell do I do? I can only swim in the e-coli infested hotel pool for so long before my skin melts off from all the chlorine. And really? Gross. I am about as much a fan of the swimsuit as it is of me. Even if I WILL never see you again. I don't like it.

Ryan assured me, that where we are staying, is like a fancy suburb. Ugh. Not only will I not know where I am, but I will have to be picked apart visually by parents wearing "Bebe" or "Juicy Couture", Double size 00, and plastic surgery up the wazoo. While I'm "happily" schlepping my kids around in my rolled up jeans and t-shirt. Lost. Cause I didn't check google maps before I left. Meh.....like I said....never gonna see you again anyway. So balls out I guess.

My kids are just excited to stay in a hotel. Like their life isn't "pampered" enough, they want room service too. Hilarious.

I just hope they allow late check out. On the last day Ryan will most likely work until around 5. I have some plans, but the last time we traveled with him, we checked out of the hotel at noon, went to play for a bit, had the kids fall asleep in the car, and I had no where to go. So I sat like a "stalker" in some waterpark, parking lot with the car running, air on, and 2 sleeping kids for 2 hours. Creepy. Don't want to re-live that again.

But.....we will be together. That's what matters. Cause after this trip, when Ryan travels, it will be sans us. School starts, and Kindergarten frowns on taking your kid out of school just to see dad for a week.

5 comments:

beth said...

i hope your trip turns out better than you anticipate!

SJT said...

Thanks Beth. I am sure it will be much better then I think it will. Just being with Ryan will make things a little easier. The kids have missed him like crazy.

Kathy's Klothesline said...

What city doesn't have a Starbucks? Montgomery City, MO.......that city. I get to drink McDonald's iced coffee, well when ever love of my life brings me one. I lead a sheltered life.

Jilly said...

bring me back some steak

McVal said...

I'm sorry I missed this on Saturday! I was actually in Nebraska about an hour north of Omaha. The Henry Doorly Zoo is a blast and has an Omni-max theatre that the kids will love and you can nap thru. Also a desert dome with lots of lizards and snakes. I'm sure Miles will like that. The aquarium is awesome and you walk thru it in a clear tunnel.
We used to drive down there at least once each summer when the kids were littler.
The Embassy Suites there is very nice as well.
Oh - and the Strategic Air Museum (I may have the name wrong) is really cool. Airplanes, space stuff, you name it. My kids liked that too.
I have an aunt and several cousins that live in that area.
I hope you had a good time and found SOME stuff to do!