Tuesday, August 25, 2009

OOOOmaHHHAAAAA!!!

We made it. Well, with the exception of a speeding ticket. Ha ha ha....Ryan and his, "I never get pulled over, and if I do I never get tickets." So much for that theory.

Miles has asked me several times, "can you make sure we don't get pulled over again? It's embarrassing." Hilarious.

Omaha isn't what I thought. Yes there is a lot of corn. And according to my friend Kyle and his 'Google' expertise, I learned it is exceedingly humid here BECAUSE of the corn. Interesting tidbit. Thanks Kyle.

We spent most of the first day acclimating and navigating. Where we are, looks a lot like Maple Grove MN. A lot of outdoor shopping centers. A lot of chain restaurants in newer buildings, but they are still Olive Garden, TGIFridays, Applebees and Famous Daves. I did see an Omaha Steaks Store. (Looks like you'll be getting A steak Jill.)

Today is a zoo. It is such a big deal, that when we got stopped in Iowa, the highway patrol encouraged us to go there. Again with the hilarious. He was super nice. Ryan was super lucky.

That's it so far. I did have some really delicious Scotch Ale at a local brewery last night....yummmy beer.

My cell doesn't work here though. I don't get it. It worked yesterday. But not so much today. Oh well. Ryan is convinced that there is a cellular black hole over Omaha NE.

More later.....

Oh. Claire peed the hotel bed last night. The entire bed was soaked, with the exception of my little 2 foot corner. And I only found out about it because her cold wet little body was smashed up against mine. She NEVER does that. I feel terrible. I guess too much swimming and hot cocoa. They don't mix FYI.

2 comments:

Jilly said...

Oh no...peeeeee :(

McVal said...

oh yuck! Switch rooms! or beds!
BTW: There is a cellular black hole for about 40 miles east of Omaha on I80. Once in Omaha I haven't had any trouble tho. You're probably on a totally different plan than me tho.
Have a good time! Bummer on the ticket!