Friday, August 28, 2009

Wahhhh...Boo hoo.......

Today I took Miles to meet his Kindergarten teacher. Just a meet and greet as it were. He has a bit of anxiety about starting a new school and meeting new kids. So I emailed his teacher, and we set up an early meeting.

I have to start off by saying....years ago, I received a phone call from my BFF. She was crying. A lot. Her youngest had just started Kindergarten. I felt bad for her. She was pretty upset, so we chatted until her laughing/sobbing settled. Then when I told Ryan about it, I kinda didn't get it. I said I understood why she was upset, but that I probably won't cry "like that" when my kids go to school for the first time.

Jump ahead several years. Here I am. Trying not to blubber like a kid who dropped their ice cream in the sand. I mean it too. I want to cry. Loudly. Like a baby. But I can't. I don't want to scare the crap out of Miles. And it would. Definitely would.

I just know the first day, when I drop him at the flag pole and his teacher takes him into the school.....Oh....God....

I'm glad Ryan is going to be home that day. And BFF.....you promised to be on call. Even if you DO have a kid going into high school....we can commiserate together.

Baby Miles.

2 comments:

McVal said...

I've been there and yes, there will be tears! Then when they start high school, you'll cry because they won't kiss you goodbye anymore.
Then when they leave home, you'll bawl your eyes out for 2 days straight.

Jilly said...

It's gonna be a sad sad day.