Saturday, August 8, 2009

Ryan thinks Tinkerbell is a Bitch.


Tonight is family movie night. We don't have them all that often, but when we do, we have fun. It's a nice "cool down" from the girly tea party we had for Claire's birthday today. (photos of the parties to come later)

The kids have really been into the "Classic" Disney movies. A few weeks ago we saw Alice in Wonderland. The kids loved it. Tonight they chose Peter Pan.

Here are the reasons I don't care for it. And we are only 35 minutes in.

*Tinkerbell sees her ass in a mirror, and worries she is fat. No kidding. She measures her size 00 pixie butt.

*Peter Pan calls Wendy "girl" when telling her to sew his shadow back on his feet.

*Tinkerbell tries to kill, KILL Wendy. And when confronted about it, says yeah so what? Not in so many words, but well...enough for Miles to say..."that's not cool"

*Peter Pan tells the boys and the Lost boys to "go hunt some Injuns."

*The mermaids taunt Wendy and admit they are, "just trying to drown her tee hee." And Peter just laughs and says to Wendy, "see they are just playing." Huh?

That is about all I can handle. I mean...Geez. Must have been made before the Women's Rights Movement. Oh and the Equal Rights Movement.

And Tinkerbell is soooo popular right now. Claire received Tinkerbell stuff like crazy today. God....it's disappointing

I think I am going to stick to the psychedelic Disney movies. Fantasia anyone?

2 comments:

McVal said...

No kidding! I've got issues with Mary Poppins too! How dare some woman come into my house and tell me how to raise my children!
Sorry - too many issues personally I guess...

Heidi said...

Now I get previous post! And by the way I don't know your nerd but LOVE him!!!