Monday, June 1, 2009

Are you a drunk smoker?


Brian S. is. I have decided a drunk smoker is someone who has quit smoking, but only smokes when they are "drunk" or in Brian's case, pass a bottle of beer someone else is holding. Heh heh heh.

Years ago when Ryan and I FIRST quit smoking, we did well. We really quit. And then it started. I said, "I'll only smoke when I am drinking or drunk." Which was a pretty damn good plan to me as I didn't drink all that much anymore. Liver disease you know. Anyway......I loved smoking.

I found myself drinking every weekend. EVERY WEEKEND. I was a certifiable drunk. Tee hee....whoops a daisies. But I wasn't alone. Ryan was too. Team work!

And then...we realized not only were we spending money we didn't have on cigarettes, we also added beer on top of that. Yikes.....so....Hello quitting for real. And for good. *sigh*

Anyway, my good friend Brian has quit smoking. I was proud of him. But he has gleefully admitted to me, he knows he will always be a drunk smoker. I called bullshit on that. I told him he's just lazy. I also told him that he has no will power. I don't know why I did this. I really don't care one way or the other if he smokes or not. I want to. Can't blame the guy. So basically I give him shit, just to give him shit. We have that kind of relationship, that I love. I fuck with him for no reason. He laughs at it, and we move on. He knows I am ALWAYS kidding. At least I think he does. Cause he laughs a lot. A LOT.

I think I should be a drunk smoker. Last time I got drunk it turned out bad...very bad...very very very bad. Maybe I just should be a smoker again....Nah...Miles would definitely give me a bad time about it. He hates the smell. And he tells my sister that, "smoking makes your lungs black and you will die." From the mouths of babes. And his pre-school teachers who run frickin' marathons.


*this post is Brian's punishment for ditching us for his girlfriends the other night. Girlfriends named Ryan A. and Jeff F.* Yeah I named them.

No comments: