Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sometimes, it just has to be said.

I have PMS. I know....TMI. But I don't care. Cause...well....I have PMS. So there.

This weekend we have been running around town. Going to 3 birthday parties for kids. It is great for the kids. It was nice for us. Yesterday I was able to help my girlfriend with her son's 1st birthday. We were there from 1:30 till about 10PM. Ryan won the watermelon seed spitting contest. And we have the trophy to prove it.

Today we went to a double birthday party for friends from pre-school. It was at an indoor playground. Then cake and other assorted activities, outside. In the cold. But all was well. We ended up having dinner with the in-laws tonight too. I don't know how that happened. But it was nice.

Tonight, after the kid's baths, we were drinking some hot cocoa and having cookies. It was quite lovely. It's been super cold here even though it's June. So hot cocoa was in order.

I have been a bit short with the kids. I think it has to do with the weather and the watermelon daiquiri's my girlfriend's dad made last night. Well either way, both contributed to my "sleepy" nature today. And with all this activity over the past few days, it has been very family oriented. Sometimes I just need to have some....oh.....say.......sassy-pants-alcohol-induced-lady-talk-with-my-BFF-and-her-BNE's. Which by the way I got none of this weekend. Shit!

As I was ruminating over this fact, Ryan, in the only way he knows how says this.

"You're kinda crabby today." At this point he is laughing at himself and then says, "I have to laugh after that even though I really mean it, cause then it's funny."

Yep. It is. And don't forget the fact, if you laugh when you say that, even though it's true? I won't kill you with my fork.

*a bit of a disjointed post today, but I wanted to emphasize, that after 11 years of being together, Ryan knows he can still call me out, and how to do it without bodily harm*

2 comments:

Jilly said...

I've got PMS too!!! This Friday we're free. Our tournament is only Sat and Sun. Come over.

Jaime said...

Interesting...Jeff likes to make comments also and then laughs and says it was a joke see I am laughing. Even though he is the ONLY one laughing.