Friday, June 19, 2009

Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

This friends, is my mantra as of late. Then I turn into a big-green-don't-fuck-with-me-Korean.

It's only mid June and the kids are making me want to off myself. I can only hear, "MMMOMMMM!!?" so many times. It's not that I don't like being called mom. Oh no. It's the shrill, come-fix-this-shit-NOW voice that accompanys it.I plan things to do with the kids. To keep them happy and entertained, and yes, once in a while I try to throw some educational element into it. No reason other then, the voice in my head that says, "lazy too?" So I do it.

But it doesn't seem to be enough. I mean...who doesn't enjoy an hour trip to Costco. I am teaching them about marketing, economics, and some other shit. I'm sure of it.

I have found if we have ONE at home day a week, where we go nowhere, wear our jammies until dinner, and just do whatever we want, the kids love me a little more then if we didn't do this lazy hazy thing. But now, they are getting restless. The simple suggestion of an at home day, encourages whining, complaining, and all around unpleasantries. Mostly from me. After hearing all the whining and complaining. I provide the unpleasantries.

They usually end up sitting in their rooms for a few minutes, just so I can prove who's boss. And then I give in. Tell them they can play together while I figure out what to do. Brats. And yes, I'm a sucker too. I only give, when I forsee a day of fighting, messes, and me yelling so much I lose my voice. (It's happened.)

The worst part about this whole thing? Miles has stopped listening to me. Utterly and completely. He does it with no apologies, and no sense of doing it. Ugh. I say, "Do you even care I *insert whatever*?" His response is usually, "NO. I don't." So matter of fact. I loathe this attitude.

His sister is NO better. NO BETTER! She is almost worse. With her sassy talking back. Ignoring me and swinging at me when she's mad. And not swinging like punching. More like a windmill. It's wierd. But effective. She always gets me. And I have to say, I can only hear, "WHATEVER!!! BLAH BLAH BLAH!" so many times before I go fucking postal.

Yes, in fact I am warning most everyone who knows me. Please for the sake of my sanity and whatever kind of relationship we have......don't piss me off this week. Next week may be ok. But just not this one. Thanks. The management appreciates it. And by management, I mean Ryan. Cause he hates when I'm crabby, and the poor man has to come home to me at the end of the day.

No comments: