Tuesday, June 9, 2009

It's happening again.

No sleep. Woozy head. Sick tummy. Yep...I'm re-reading "the books".

The woozy head and sick tummy are from the reading. The no sleep is due to Claire. But am I surprised? No. Not in the slightest.

She has been waking up every night at the dead hour. She comes into my room, whispers, "mommy", and then proceeds to lay in her little bed on the floor, whispering to God knows who. It really does drive me fucking batty.

I have no patience in the middle of the night. Let alone for a 2 year old who is talking to "spooky Diego". Who, by the way, IS NOT in the room anymore! I don't even tolerate Ryan's snoring at 3 am. I just bellow out..."you're snoring!" And then I poke him with my elbow. Some people call that abuse. But whatever. There aren't bruises and you would never be able to prove it in a court of law. Also are you getting 6 hours of sleep a night with a 2+ hour wake up call half way through? That's right. I didn't think so.

So....that is keeping me awake. Does it wake Ryan? Sometimes. Does he handle it? Not usually. Once in a while I will hear him say very sleepily, "Claire go to sleep." The end. That's it.

Well for the woozy and wonky head and tummy? It is totally my fault. I am re-reading the twilight books. Only because, I have to. And I heart them. Don't judge.

But, the back and forth of my eyes is messing me up. It happened before. Why and how your eyes and what you see are connected to your inner ear and getting dizzy I don't know. But they are. So I have to be careful not to make myself sick again. Seriously....don't judge. I mean it.

Maybe I need to read the books in the middle of the night when Claire gets up. How that will relieve my head and stomach issues due to reading, is beyond me. But it will entertain me, and keep me from hiding under the blankets in my own bedroom like a 6 year old girl. And I won't be in the dark with a whispering kid.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That whole Diego thing would creep me the fuck out.