Thursday, September 25, 2008

Done and Done

My friend from the pre school once told me that her son, who loves Star Wars, was sad that she had cut her hair.

Why you ask? Because she didn't look like Anakin Skywalker anymore. Priceless right? She definately laughed a lot about that. It is a dream of a parent, I am sure, to be compared to your kid's beloved movie or tv character. Layla, when young, told Jill I was on tv. It was Ann Curry. Thank you Layla.

I did in fact cut ALL my hair off last night with the exception of the longer sides because of my big fat round face. I like it. I do feel a little exposed. I haven't had hair this short in about 8 years. Oh well just hair.

I knew Ryan would like it. He told me he prefers short hair on me. Jill thinks it is because when Ryan and I first met I was going through the "punk" phase of my life and had really short hair. That is really sweet. Most men seem to like long hair. I am ok with either one.

But I digress. The main reason for NOT cutting my hair all this time is because I don't want to look like Suzie Wong or Dora the Explorer.

First thing out of Miles' mouth when I walked in the door? "MOM YOU LOOK LIKE DORA!!!"
Crap.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

I'm sure he said it with the greatest affection!!