Monday, September 8, 2008

I thought I was part of the MTV generation

One of my favorite things to do this time of year is not apple picking or looking at the fall colors. It is watching the MTV VMA's. I can't explain it. They were celebrating their 25 anniversary this year. I am sure I have watched at least the past 20 if not all of them.

I would love to see who was matched up with who to present, what they were wearing, and enjoy the free music of the bands I loved. Who can forget Madonna rolling around the stage in 84? And I have to say I particularly enjoyed seeing Duran Duran when they were really big in the 80's and their "comeback" in the 2000's.

I just watched the most recent VMA's and I have to say......it is time to retire my addiction to them. I had no idea who most of the groups or artists were. I was actually pretty annoyed with most of the artists. They were over indulgent and had really terrible music.

This is one of those moments I say...."Holy! Am I old!"

Maybe when the kids are older I will learn to appreciate the current music. Or I will be the one who complains about that darn rock and roll being too loud. Or I could like totally gag them with a spoon by listening to only 80's music all the time. Ah the golden oldies!

2 comments:

Jilly said...

You WILL be the one who complains about the darn loud rock and roll music and I will love it because my kids will be gone!!!!

Unknown said...

My sister was one of Rihanna's dancers for her opening act. She got paid $850! I was watching a few minutes of the "runway" pre-show stuff and then the opening before my sister came on, I too, was befuddled. Tokio Hotel? Who? ANGRY.