Monday, September 22, 2008

Fight the Power

Tonight I was walking on the treadmill. I know I know.....but I was. Anyway I was watching the movie "Do The Right Thing" by Spike Lee.

I forgot that I LOVE this movie. I saw it in the theaters when I was in high school. Then of course I had to see "School Daze" and "Jungle Fever". Man that Spike Lee was a genius. He talked about everything. And didn't apologize for anything.

I think it helped me, a Korean in white world, to understand where people are coming from. Especially in that time of adolescence. It was a time I was hanging out with Koreans being raised by Koreans. I was able to see that prejudice was all around. They called me "white girl" cause my family was white and in essence to them I was too.

Well....I sit here thinking about it while I fight my own power of fitness. Yuck. I hate the treadmill.

No comments: