Thursday, September 4, 2008

This new fangled tv

We have recently changed from Comcast cable to Direct TV. I love and hate it. But I have to say there are tons more choices of cartoons for the kids.

I am still having difficulty with all the commercials on the cartoon channels. I used to let the kids watch only PBS. Miles got bored pretty quickly. Then I allowed the Disney channel. I got annoyed pretty quickly. So I gave in and switched to Nickelodeon. The shows are much less annoying and Miles and Claire both love it.

But now all these new cartoon channels are killing me! I mean Sprout which is a PBS channel has commercials. But Noggin which is Nickelodeon doesn't. I don't get it. Now also there are like 4 other ones that have infomercials on instead of commercials. Once in a while Miles will bust out with.......say.....the water globes infomercial....and he will say, "Hey mom, did you know that the water globes are just that easy?"

Hello Marketing.

And don't get me started on the damn movie channels. My sister claims that she is unemployed and she is watching things she has no business watching, but hey Sara? New channels will do the same thing. I can't tell you the last time I went to bed before 12. I mean who really needs to watch The Holiday more then once, and after 10 PM? Oh FYI my hand is raised.

3 comments:

Jilly said...

Layla just asked me if she could send in her earrings to "Cash for Gold". She wants her $600 too

Unknown said...

You must be stealing DirecTV to have all of those fancy channels. I'm on to you!

Caligal said...

hahaha, Aqua Globes are cool....they keep your plants alive. What about Mighty Putty, The Buxton organizer, and Pancake Puffs.