Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I know it will be over sooner then I think

Today has been a good day. I had my 2 1/2 hours alone. Claire did great at school. The kids are playing and I wonder sometimes. How long until they start fighting?

Usually they begin the day ok. Not yelling at each other yet, but then the day wears on and the yelling and lecturing and bossing around gets worse. The latter two are all Claire.

But once in a while I know my kids really love each other. Miles will make sure to grab Claire's hand in a parking lot so she is ok. Claire ALWAYS makes 2 art projects at school. One for her and one for Miles in case,"he didn't get to do one in his class".

It is the little things that they do for each other that I love to see. But then I am snapped back into reality when Miles is yelling, "No Claire that is really mine!" and Claire yells back, "No Miles you have to share with me!" then proceeds to bawl her head off. Then in complete unison I hear....."MOM!!!!"

But I suppose I should relish the times I have with the kids. They are little, but growing so fast. Before I know it they will be teenagers and I will be wishing for these days.

No comments: