Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Welcome to Walmart. Can I help you?

I met my friend Deb at the mall today. Sans kids as they were in school. 2 and one half hours of bliss. Deb had her youngest with her. He is 1. We were sitting having coffee and talking about what the flibberty jibbit we are going to do when all kids are in school.

Now granted I have a good 3 more years to worry about it, but hey, I thought the same thing about Miles and he is pre screening in October for Kindergarten.

I thought about going back into Social Service. That didn't seem all that enticing. I mean it is very fulfilling work but with 2 kids and that type of work one can burn out quick and take the entire family down for the count too.

Then there is the very part time retail position. Now I did retail for years. I managed an Express all through college. NOT FUN. And the hours are bad news bears.

I guess I will be the BEST classroom mom in town. It seems like the most logical thing to do, unless we are so broke from inflation we have to move into my parents basement.

But as Deb said......"you never know, you could get the call there is another baby". I am sure Ryan would love that. I guess it may be about time. Usually when Deb says something like that to me (where she predicts something to do with kids) it happens. Darn that Deb!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should get a job punching homeless people. A lot of job security there.