Sunday, September 28, 2008

Very random thoughts for a lazy Sunday

Today started out like any other Sunday. Just lazy. And remained to be so all throughout. It was cloudy and drizzly and I stayed in pj's until about 2 pm.

I did load after load of laundry and watched a movie I DVR'd. I have been waiting to see it for sometime. Across the Universe. LOVED IT!!!!!! I think it may be one of my all time favorites. If you don't know about it...let me catch you up. Set in the 60's during the Vietnam War. All based on the music of the Beatles. Now if you know me you know I love the Beatles. I do not care for the main actress, Evan Rachel Wood. She is gross dating Marilyn Manson and whatnot, but darn it all if she can't act. It didn't hurt that the main character was beautiful and had a great voice. Jim Sturgess. British and way too young to have my patented tv crush. But.....he was very talented and it WAS an awesome movie. If you watch it and think..."what the hell?" Sorry. I like movies like this.

Then outside to rake up those damn pine needles with Ryan and the kids. Fun. I am so happy it is sweatshirt weather finally. And it seems like it will stay that way for a while. AHHHHHH!

Dinner with the neighbor. I made chili and had to portion a little for the neighbor as he is a veggie. And now I am sitting, blogging and rocking out to Rick Springfield's Jessie's girl. God I love the internet radio. The 80's station is my very favorite. I tell you....every time my girlfriend Anne is over, every 3-4 minutes we hear...."great song!" She is a product of the 80's as I am. And we love our Duran Duran and Madonna.

The kids are downstairs with Ryan watching him play The Force Unleashed. The kids love to watch him play. It is nice for me. They think they are kicking me out of the basement and getting something special. But little do they know I get kid free time and Ryan gets video game time.

Everyone wins! Yay Lazy Sunday.

No comments: