Tuesday, April 14, 2009

For the LOVE!!!!!

Ok..like I said in my previous post..I'm tired. Claire was up for 4 hours last night. In the middle of the night. Just chatting away like it was 2 in the afternoon.

I haven't been sleeping well. And well, today I knew with all the fresh air me and the kids were getting I was gonna sleep so well, Ryan would have to check to see if I was breathing! I was looking forward to it. Several uninterrupted hours of sleep. I knew it was gonna happen. Claire was wiped out! Bliss...

Until THIS shit happened.

I had just mailed in Miles' registration for our Parks and Recreation's kindergarten camp. I asked him what he wanted to do and he said camp. This specific camp. I being completely naive about it just perused the catalog they sent and picked one out. I read that I just have to send in my money and registration form by April 15 for resident registration. Done and done.

Today I get an email telling me I should register online today. I called cause..hell to the no if I am going to double pay for it, and asked the very polite woman why they can't just sign my kid up?

First off...she remembers my name. Weird right? Second she tells me, "I didn't recognize your name from previous years and I wanted you to get this slot. But I feared if you waited until WE could register you on paper you would lose out."

Huh?

I don't get that really. They she proceeds to tell me how competitive it is to get these slots. Blah blah suburban bullshit...age group is popular, blah blah too much doin' it 5 years ago so there are tons of kids his age.....and so I should register online.

Fine. I will register online. THEN she tells me registration BEGINS TONIGHT AT MIDNIGHT. I asked her half laughing if she really thought that I was gonna sit up all night waiting to get my kid into some lame camp for 5 year olds(minus the lame comment). She said there were only 12 spots for the specific camp that Miles wanted.
Which basically told me...keep your sleepy ass up and register your fucking kid you terrible ass person, who clearly doesn't love their kid enough.

So I'm up. It's 10:31 pm. I am tired. I am crabby. I am annoyed that I live in the suburbs right now. I hate that Miles didn't want to learn chess like he had originally told us but then had his dad teach him. I am however, glad he could give two shits about soccer or T-ball, as the woman told me there was slim to no chance of us getting him into that.

Only 1 and a half hours left before I virtually push, shove, kick, and bite my way into our city's parks and recreation department. All in the name of Kindergarten camp. Fuck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously Sue that SUCKS!!!! I feel your pain! Last Spring I waited in a line for our park and rec registration that weaved/curved and bent so many times and out the building that I thought for sure I would never even make it in the door! Little did I know everyone wanted session 1 for swimming lessons, good thing we were looking for the educational options!!! We are not in "suburbia" but "smalltown" Minnesota which is ironically just as competitive!

Jaime said...

I just want to say...you are hilarious!