Monday, April 20, 2009

I really love this age. I do.

We had a play date today with some friends we met through friends. It was so so nice. She has 3 kids. 5, 3, and 1. Their oldest J, is a boy and plays with Miles. They are buddies. The 3 year old E, is a girl and plays with Claire. And the youngest J, doesn't care to play with anyone but his mother at this point.

It was wonderful. My friend made us lunch after school and to be honest, it was the only time we saw the two older boys. They played together. Didn't bother us at all. We actually got to have "grown up" talk. Crazy.

The girls played together on and off. If Claire wasn't so crabby to begin with I am sure I wouldn't have seen her either, with the exception of feeding her face. She was a bit tired. My first clue of her fatigue was the fact, when talking to my friend about something completely random, she closed her eyes. And opened them very slowly. You know the look. Drugged toddler.

Either way, the kids played together. No fighting, no complaining, no crying. Amazing if you ask me. 4 kids together. Who, mind you, don't see each other a whole lot. It was cool. I like it.

I like that I can have a conversation with my friend without having to half listen cause some kid is snotting on my leg or partially pulling my pants off cause they lost their balance. They are able to do for themselves and entertain themselves.

Self sufficiency. It's good. All together a wonderful day. Thanks W's. You guys rock!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Yes, very cool. :-)