Friday, April 3, 2009

I'm pimpin' out my sister.

After 5 years my youngest sister has taken that brave step and moved forward with her "personal" life. She is now single. And I think a little nervous about it.

Cindi started dating (I will call him.....dude)Dude, before she had her son. Dude is NOT E's father by the way. My sister had one of the Discovery Channel births. The are-you-kidding-me-with-this-cause-I-had-no-idea-I-was-pregnant births!?! I know hard to believe. Try being me and hearing it.

Imagine the scenario...Ryan and I just arrive home from the BWCA and I called my parents, who promptly informed me my sister, who I had just seen about 1 week prior, had a baby the night before. I said, "Sara never told me she was pregnant." To which my dad said, "no not Sara. Cindi."

RIGHT!?! My sister who is 8 years younger than me and home from college for the summer had just given birth. She thought she had cramps. HA!

Anyway...my sister was scared shitless. She and dude decided to make a go of it. Dude had 2 girls of his own and they just blended their families.

Cindi and dude have lived together for almost 5 years. They certainly have had their ups and downs. They have had hardships as well. Things that most people would kinda walk away from cause it is just that tough. But Cindi and dude tried. At least Cindi did. Dude...not so much.

Dude is a nice guy. He just makes really REALLY bad choices. Although I must admit I will miss my "nieces". They are fun. I am glad that Cindi has moved on. I liked dude. I did, but I think my sister deserves a little better. Without going into details....dude was selfish. It was all about him. All the time.

Either way...Cindi is moving on. She is finishing her degree and working. I am proud of her. Also...after she does her soul searching...I know she would like to settle down.

At which point I will become the "big" sister who is way way way to involved. Hey..I want the best for her. Is that wrong?

I gotta have time to hone the personal ad that I will be submitting. So take your time little sis. There is no rush. I'm proud of you.

No comments: