Monday, April 27, 2009

What the hell do they make those things out of?


While hanging out at my parents house, my dad was clearing out the garage for "spring cleaning". He found a box of my old toys.

Now when I say old....I mean OLD.

My dad dug out all my Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Claire loves Strawberry Shortcake right now. It's made it's comeback, and there is a cartoon right now on Saturday mornings. We DVR it so she can watch it.

Anyway....Claire was elated when my dad brought them in. I on the other hand...was not.

Claire lifted the tiny dolls to her face, took a huge whiff, and said, "MMMMMMM smells yummy!"

GROSS!!!!! They STILL smell? I mean good lord! Those things are at least 27 years old if not older. And yes...do the math..I had them when I was about 7 or 8. They were cool. I never said I was though.

Either way......I want to know how they make something like that retain smell. These things have been in an old musty garage for decades. And they still reek like fruity goodness. Creepy if you ask me.

And 'they' are worried about all the stuff endangering our kids today. I say.....WE should worry. Those toys we had....dangerous shit.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Dangerous or not, smelly or not, I am IMPRESSED that they saved them!!! I will need to remember to hang on to a few things for the boys so some day they "oldies but goodies" :)

beth said...

wow! your parents still have strawberry shortcake dolls!?!?! you guys are good! and i agree, it is a little weird that they still smell fruity. that just ain't right.

ps - it's totally bogus that strawberry shortcake and her friends wear jeans now.