Tuesday, April 21, 2009

All things Claire.


Why just Claire you ask? Because she is frickin' hilarious lately and I have to put it out there.

My poor baby has been sick sickity sick for the past few weeks on and off. Coughing, runny nose, and whoppers of fevers. We are talking the highest 105.6. Right?!?
Yowza. Ryan almost had a stroke of his own when he saw that. But through it all, aside from the obscenely high fever, my daughter has been chatty, playful, and very funny. Weird if you ask me. But you didn't.

I know that when I am sick, even a minuscule amount, I am the biggest, I-gotta-be-in-bed-all-the-live-long-day, kind of girl. Trust me. But not Claire. She is right in there messing with her brother. Who is bored out of his mind by the way cause he is trapped indoors with a sick sister who is torturing him. Relentlessly.

One of the things she loves to do is give something to her brother, or do something really nice, and then promptly tell him, "Now go tell mom!" Meaning...tell mom I was nice to you damnit. I'm all about teaching my kids manners and class. Can you tell?

Another thing, and I have told this story already, but she has been on antibiotics and you know how it can wreak havoc on a kid's digestive system. So in order to get her to eat her yogurt EVERY DAY I tell her she will get *gulp* diarrhea. Gross!!!! Yep..and of course she did.

me: "Claire did you go poop?"
her: "ummmm no....sumpin' else."
me: "What else?" (I am inching my way into the bathroom at this point with the 'oh shit face.'
her: "duh mommy. You KNOW it's diaweah!"

And sure as shit (pun totally intended) it was. Trumpets, confetti, and angels singing, cause HELL YEAH! She did the dirty nasty deed in the toilet!!!!! A first! Cause you know what kind of mishaps we have had in the past with it all. ( see previous post)

She is also compelled to sing "Happy Birthday" whenever she has a snack or treat. She covers it up, sings the song, blows out her candles, wishes out loud that she gets whatever it is she has, opens it up and then says...."Just what I wanted! I love it!" I guess us teaching the kids to be thankful for any gift has gone a little overboard with her. Eh...could be worse. She could tell herself she already has it and then be mad about the treat. Ha! That would be funny.

The other thing she does lately that drives Ryan to drink, (not drunky drunkerson drink, you're welcome Ryan), is talk. Non-stop, continuously, unceasingly. I thought I talked a lot. Nope. She has got me beat by miles and miles or words. The girl will talk herself to sleep. Correction. She will whisper herself to sleep. Creepy shit if you ask me. Whispering kids freak me the fuck out! I don't dig it. That is why I have plotted and planned for years to have Ryan sleep on the side of the bed that is closest to the door. I don't want kids coming into my room in the middle of the night and whispering to me about some monster or spooky shadow. So for years Ryan got it. Heh heh heh. Evil genius? Maybe. Not so much when your youngest is the one waking up, whispering, and only wanting mom. Crap. Oh sorry...tangent.

Anyway....I have Claire on the brain. Cause she is funny and cute and sassy and all the good stuff most 2 and a half year olds should be.

*additional note*
I forgot to have you look at my daughter. Notice she is Korean. Then imagine her saying, "UFF-DA" and "Yah you Betcha!" Cause she does. And it cracks me up! Her very Scandinavian dad likes it.

2 comments:

beth said...

claire would totally fit in here (even her name goes with our girls, katie, cara and claire)! they are also two and a half. cara is the overly dramamtic, funny, crazy saying one and katie is the talker. she...never...stops. and it's pretty bad if i think you talk too much. last night she talked and sang her way through an entire episode of the tudors. it was not the best hour her and i ever shared. claire is a total cutie, though and totally deserves her own day!

Heidi said...

My parents used to pay me money to not talk, it didn't work, but you could try it? Mike also tried taping Noah's mouth shut (just for a minute) and that only made him louder!! Good luck! She sounds ADORABLE and I think I would love her to pieces!

Heidi