Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sitting outside (kind of)

I'm in the garage. Yep. With the kids.

I'm sick as can be and have no desire to entertain my kids. But to be honest with you they are driving me fucking ape shit. So I got them dressed, gave them lunch, and am sitting out in the garage while they ride their bikes and scooters around it.

Why the garage? Cause it's raining now. And I have some kind of gross upper respiratory garbage. So cold wet air, not my friend.

The kids got crackers, carrots, and yogurt for lunch. Along with ice cream. I didn't want to fight them. And they knew it, so they asked for the moon. And of course got it. Those sly little foxes. Anyway, they are roller skating, and sidewalk chalking now.

Ryan LOVES when we sidewalk chalk on the garage floor. But....his kids have been engineered for the outdoors. And I, right now, am not. So too bad Ryan. Sorry.

I am however healthy enough to eat noodles, and drink water. To facebook and email a friend all day long. Who incidentally just told me one of my messages got bounced cause of bad language. Ha ha. Me? Bad language? No fucking way. Either way, I re-edited, (lame corporate America) and re-sent. I am sure I am much funnier when I talk like me. Which it seems is like a truck drivin' woman. Or man. Heh.

Oh praise mother nature! I just heard Claire announce, "I found a dandelion!" Oh no. Thus will begin my several hour a day obsession with "popping" dandelions. I can't help it. It's a sickness. I have encouraged Ryan to NOT weed kill so I can pop these weeds. I will actually pop them at Nick and Jill's house when we go to hang out for bonfires, and I will take out my father in law at his own house to get them. Sickness I tell you.

The best part? Miles and Claire will fight over who can help. Hee hee!!!! They fight over who will pull the actual weed out, who will push the wheel barrow, and who will toss them in the trash. I love children. We can bend them to our sick twisted will. Or at the very least, our sick twisted obsessions.

So here I sit. Coughing up God knows what, watching my kids pull at the dandelions, and watch the garbage man roll on by.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I would be like Ryan. NO chalking on the garage floor. Now I have never known why I am against this but I am. Seriously, we drive on it with dirty tires so why not chalk on it, that is at least pretty colors!!?!?!?!

Feel better soon!

beth said...

feel better! i let my kids chalk pretty much anywhere they want as long as it is outside. actually, i let them chalk in the basement, too. i am far too outnumbered to try to beat them. front of the house? sure, do it up!