Thursday, October 16, 2008

AHHHH!!!!

I am stressed to the limit. My mom is in the hospital AGAIN.

Thus begins my mad dash to dump my kids anywhere I can so I can be there with her. When she is in the hospital like this she is usually drugged and doesn't know what the hell she is talking about or who she has talked to. Someone has to be there to talk to the doctors. And if you know what hospitals are like.....the damn doctors come in all over the place. There is not a set time.

So I sit. For hours. In a smelly hospital with my sick mother. Wondering what my kids are doing. Usually Ryan can take a day off to help with the kids, but he is working and can't this week. Thankfully my in-laws have said they will watch them.

Where is my dad in this you all ask? Isn't he retired you ask? Doesn't he have zero responsibility and can sit for hours with her you ask? Yep me too!

My dad's response to things like this is to sleep. He gets stressed out and sleeps. He doesn't like to have responsibility for what is happening and just says to me, "let me know what shift I can take". Not, "I'll call you when I know something".

I guess I have entered that stage in life where I become the caretaker of my parents. I just didn't think it would be at 35.

No comments: