Wednesday, October 1, 2008

eHarmony

When I was watching tv today I saw a commercial for eHarmony. Now I have seen several in the series for them, but I never gave them a second thought until today.

They have a man talking about the woman of his dreams. How they never thought it would happen through an internet dating service, but after talking on the phone with the women, there were sparks instantly. And he knew.

So currently they are married (during commercial shoot I assume) and they are beautiful and happy living in some sweet New York loft. A la "When Harry Met Sally". Laughing and loving. This is to send the message that, yes you too in fact can be beautiful and find the love of your life who makes tons of money to keep you living in the lap of yuppie bliss.

Ok the problem I have with these commercials is this. Are these really people who used eHarmony or are they actors? I mean come on....most men I have met who look like these men are complete dicks. They are too busy working on their body and hair to find "the one". Especially these women who are beautiful and seem to know up from down.

Not only that, but several of the couples I have seen in the commercials seem pretty young. Well at least younger then me, and they have it together. Beautiful houses, or apartments. Seemingly great jobs to live said lifestyle, and they laugh like they don't have a debt in the world. With the exception of their debt to eHarmony for finding the love of their lives.

What I would like is to see "REAL" people who use eHarmony and who have been married from the site. I am sure some are as stated above, but I wonder how many are just regular old folks like the rest of us?

So thank you eHarmony for making me feel schleppy, ugly, and not up to par because I found my husband the old fashioned way. Drunk at a friends house.

3 comments:

Jim Morrison Plumbing Inc said...

Kind of like "lowered expectations" on MAD Tv. Love that show! Cheers Sue!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dave said...

If you have ever watched Bravo's "Big Gay Sketch Show", they did a parody of eHarmony and joked that it was a place ONLY for straight people. I guess they don't allow gay dating as part of their services. The shows' slogan was: eHarmony, a place where heterosexuals seek other heterosexuals" or something like that. Well,it is sad but true. eHarmony bites.