Sunday, October 5, 2008

I'm a copycat

It seems from people's blogs that they are running down their weekends. I will do the same. Just for fun.

Friday night was spent per usual with our bff's. Good times, good food and guitar hero. Of course. I made a 54 note streak on expert playing dragonforce with Jill. She got 4 star powers. Man. I just have to keep trying. I bow down to the master. Nick just did his rockstar impersonations. I love it. It cracks me up so much. There would be pee involved if I wasn't a grown up, I know it.

Saturday I helped a friend make Korean food for her son's baptism. That was pure fun. No kids and cooking with a friend. Love that! She asked me what she could do to compensate me. I just laughed at her and said what we were doing was plenty. She treated me to a hot dog and apple cider at their neighborhood fall festival.

After that I headed home to get the family for my aunt's surprise 60th birthday party. Fun. It was a gorgeous day for it at Lake Nokomis.

Then to dinner with the Teegarden family for Ryan's belated birthday celebration. We had pizza.

Sunday was all about house work and family shopping. I got a ton done. The kids were having a blast. They love the dollar spot at Target as they know it is likely we will pick up a treat for them if they are well behaved. And they were and they got one.

Tonight just hanging out with crying kids. Claire is bawling about her dad "saying no". Nothing new.

Sadly Ryan will be out of town again this week. He will be in sunny San Diego and I will be here with 2 kids in the rain. I am sure a fun time will be had by me. Oh wait...I mean by all. Hopefully they will be ok. He hasn't traveled for a while so we will see how they handle it. Wish me luck.

No comments: