Thursday, October 30, 2008

I SO DO NOT HEART HANNAH MONTANA!!! Curses to you Miley Cyrus

At Layla's birthday last weekend she received this Hannah Montana pocket guitar. Her grandma opened it for the little kids to look at. And well you guessed it, the only one interested was my daughter.

She told me it was her guitar hero. I guess it is funny that way since I am guilty of teaching her all about the love for guitar hero. HOWEVER, it sings a Hannah Montana song. I hate it. Thankfully it was left at their house.

Oh did I mention that her lovely godmother GAVE it to her the other day. I still hate it. I looked all over for a volume switch, but there wasn't one. So I taped over the speaker with scotch tape. Still loud as hell.

We are so screwed. Ryan was just whistling the tune while doing dishes, and I can't get the damn thing out of my head. And to make matters worse, Claire loves loves loves it! She even went so far as to have her 'big' brother guard it while she went on a bike ride around the block with Ryan. Ryan wouldn't let her take it with them. Smart guy.

So we sit with Hannah Montana 'rockin' out in the living room. I mean really....shouldn't I get a small break from this tween stuff? She is only 2 for crying out loud.

3 comments:

Jilly said...

Godmothers are the BEST!!!!

Unknown said...

I think the worst part of that toy is that when she "strums" the guitar it gets louder. That change in volume is what distracts you otherwise you could tune it out. The only solution I found is to give it away :-)

SJT said...

RUDE TUNA BFF'S