Saturday, October 11, 2008

This waiting is killing me

I know you know what I am talking about. I hate it!!!!! The oh....say..... half hour before your company arrives. We are having some of Ryan's co workers and their families for dinner tonight. Korean food.

There was a lot of prep and now it is all ready. I am sitting in between that time window when everyone gets here, and everything is done. Now, because I have to cook most of this food right before we eat there isn't a whole lot of room in the fridge. So the appetizers are sitting out. Hopefully the cheese won't get gross.

The kids are "sword" fighting on the deck with kebab sticks from the grill and they keep asking when the friends will be here. I think they feel it too.

And to top it all off...one of the couples who shall remain nameless is late 90% of the time. This is mentioned all in love and affection for your tardiness.

So....I sit. Waiting. Usually Nick and Jill come over like 2 hours before anyone else. Sadly not tonight. Why can't Nick work with Ryan?

And I still sit.

No comments: