Friday, October 31, 2008

I hold my handles out and say "frick or freat!"






















It was halloween tonight! The kids had so much fun. Miles was Darth Vader and Claire was the Queen of Hearts. My dad made that costume for me when I was her age. It lasted a long time in storage.
The kids took a haul. Our nephew Ethan was with us too.
Surprisingly Claire was able to keep up with the older boys. She would run up to a house and say, "FRICK OR FREAT!" Then she immediately would fix her bag handles to be ready for the next house. Hilarious.

The kids hit the whole block. If you know where we live you know there are quite a few houses in our little neighborhood. They got them all. As well as hiking it to the Fire Department to get candy, glow sticks, and a tour of the fire trucks. Man did they get a lot of candy.

My sisters Cindi and Ann as well as me and my mom took the kids half way around the block and then Ryan and Tye took them the rest of the way. It was fun.

While Ryan, Tye and my dad took the first shift of handing out candy they were able to polish off 3/4 of a bottle of scotch. They were happy to take the kids the rest of the route. Must have been the libations.

All in all a great night. The weather was wonderful and the kids took quite a haul. Hopefully they will have some candy left tomorrow. I plan on "checking" it tonight, for their safety you know.

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Speaking of libations ...