Thursday, November 13, 2008

25 was so luxurious

On my 25th birthday I woke to Ryan making breakfast. I probably was up around 11 am. I had either been out with friends at the bar the night before, or was planning to that night. Or did both, that was certainly not out of the question back then. Pure indulgence for my birthday.

Today I woke at 3:45am with Claire yelling. Moved to her room around 4:30am. Ryan left at 6:15 and Miles came into my room at that time. I was up and dealing with 2 fighting kids by 6:30 this morning.

I made breakfast for 2 crabby kids and myself. No big plans, no bars, no clubs. Too old for that business and can't afford that AND a babysitter. Just dinner with the kids, Ryan and 2 friends. It is Thursday night. (B. Skog Thursday)

Today consists of playdate, nap (for me hopefully), making dinner, and putting the kids to bed for school tomorrow.

Yay birthday! To make matters worse. 25 was 10 years ago. *see my frowny face?*

Salty mood aside....my husband gave me something he knows I love. Bath and Body Works gift card. He is sneaky. I always use my gift cards for the kids or him. He knows that and tells me I should us it on myself. But he knows this is a place I will indulge MYSELF. I love him. Thanks Ryan. It was a bright bright beacon of light this morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

In this modern age I can now submit my birthday wishes to you here, electronically. ALARM.

Happy Birthday!!!!

Jilly said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY from your younger friend ;)

Unknown said...

Happy, Happy Birthday.