Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am too young for this crap!

Once again, my mother is in the hospital. Once again I will shuffle the kids around, have Ryan take the day off, and spend the entire day there just to talk to a doctor. She has got pneumonia. And she wonders how she got it? She tells me, "I only went to Target the one time when I just got out of the hospital." (which by the way was 2 weeks ago) I told her that is a lie. You were out at least 15-20 different times. Even trick or treating with the kids for crying out loud. Then I got the oh yeah I forgot.

No wonder she is sick. So I am off to the hospital to sit. All damn day. Yay me.

So then my sister calls. I am her guardian and conservator. Mind you this is AFTER all the crapola with my mom. My sister calls to tell me she has been having Caribou coffee 2 times a week and she gets the white chocolate hot cocoa with all the whip cream and chocolate sprinkles. Two times per week. Oh brother. The girl is diabetic. Talk about sugar overload. Then when I tell her try the sugar free hot cocoa, she calls back to say she will just have a smoothie. ARGH!

4 phone calls later from her and her staff trying to 'negotiate' I just gave up. Just have the damn cocoa. Have the damn smoothie. Just keep track of your blood sugar, and don't eat DairyQueen 2 times later in the week. For crap's sake.


Then the usual evening family stuff. Get dinner, answer a million phone calls, cause everyone knows to call me when my mom is sick, get kid's stuff laid out for tomorrow, and answer more calls. Tell my dad what he needs to do tomorrow.

Then (this is the best one yet) field a call from my aunt who doesn't live in the state, telling me that it is my fault my mom is sick because I have her watching my kids all the time. Ha ha ha. Totally laughable being I don't EVER have my parents watch the kids, but not-a-so-funny the fact she thinks it is true. So I bite my tongue and deal. Just listening to her tell me what I am doing wrong. Then she tells ME to update HER.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!?????!!!!!!

And yes.....I am having a pity party now. I am going to be 35 in a week. I am not old enough to be my parent's, parent. I am too busy parenting my own kids and my 33 year old sister.

And Jill....YOU KNOW I CAN'T HANDLE ANYMORE THIS WEEK!!!!!

2 comments:

Jilly said...

Stop answering your phone!!!!

SJT said...

These family members are persistent. If I didn't answer they would show up at my house. Then I suppose I could say get you ass to the hospital yourself. Ahhhh dreaming.