Saturday, November 15, 2008

Much to my chagrin

I am a sheep. I have to fully admit it now. I would like to have thought I didn't got with the crowd, but here I am fully admitting it.

In 2003 I swore up and down I would never never never watch Sex and the City. First off I wouldn't because I wasn't going to be "one of those" girls, and second I didn't have cable. Thanks to 3 months bedrest due to surgery, and my good friend Eric and his then girlfriend Bridget I was given all 6 seasons of it on dvd. I watched it and loved it. Sadly I was in line with my BFF to see the new movie this past summer. Bah.....

Next example. My BFF loved the Harry Potter books. I however thought they were for kids. But as a best friend does I faithfully went to the movies with her to "preview" them for her then young son. He is now 13 and doesn't need the preview but we are still going and I find myself looking forward to the next motion picture installment. And......after the last movie, I reluctantly borrowed all the books from said BFF. The last one released just in time for me to read. It also was several days of me ignoring my family. Ryan understood it, but I fear he was a little annoyed. I was dreaming all things Harry Potter. Bah Bah.......

And last but not least.....Stupid Twilight! Thanks a lot Heather S. I tried to stay away from the hype. I am on the gossip sites and I do have eyes. I have seen all the promos for the movie which in fact look nice. But it was Heather's AIM account that said when she was idle....'on a date with Edward Cullen'. What the hell? And who the hell was that? Certainly not her husband Brian. Ha.....so I asked and she told. She said I would love it. I do like a good vampire book anyway or a good vampire movie. So I told Jill about it and she promptly went out and purchased all 4 or 5 books the other day. She said she loved them. I just borrowed the first book from her yesterday. I just started reading it this morning. Oh shit. I mean.....it is really good. Baaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!

I feel like a teenage girl. I don't want to do the laundry. I don't want to pay attention to the kids. I don't want to help Ryan clean the house. I just want to read. I tell you what. The way this book is written. Love it. But like I said before I hate being a sheep. I feel like in that movie Freaks.....when they go after the lady who scams them.....People are coming after me to get me to be part of pop culture. "One of us! One of us! One of us!"

So I am breaking from the book to blog and to make lunch. I don't think I have spoken more then a few sentences to the family since starting the book.

But Ryan was warned. He knew what would happen. I love him for that. And for indulging me once in a while.

1 comment:

Jilly said...

Baaah ... Baaah ... freakin Baaah