Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ok. I am done talking about how I am better. I'm not. I am just going to stop jinxing myself. Sick again. But on some wacky anti nausea meds. I feel drunk without the upset stomach! The verdict is 4 doctors and they have no idea what is wrong. Done.

Today we were able to go to Ryan's parents house for the holidays. It was nice. Yummy turkey and all the other stuff. We spent most of the day there. I played a little guitar hero with my nephew. He brought his Xbox 360. I had to use the controller as they don't have a guitar. Playing this way....I DO NOT rock. Talk about confusing and hard. But after a few songs I did pretty good on medium.

Once home we had dinner. Thanks to medicine I was able to eat. I made the kids a great dinner. I think I won parent of the year award from their perspective. They had.....hot cocoa, popcorn, fruit snacks and cookies. Oh well....they have been awesome and ate tons at lunch. And it is a holiday.

Now they are watching, what else? Willy Wonka. For the umpteenth time. They love this shit.
Sadly tomorrow I will be forgoing the yearly tradition of shopping. It will be a first in 15 years. I have to say I will miss standing in the cold at 3:30 am with other die hard shoppers. I had arranged to bring a "newbie" with me this year and of course I can't go now. Sorry Heather.
But next year I will stay in a bubble for 2 weeks before hand so I can go. It is quite possibly my favorite day of the year.

I do love to shop. It is so fun. Exhilarating. To be out with other lunatics. I mean who gets up at 3 am to get a down comforter for $19.97? Oh hello....that would be me. I just love to find gifts for family and friends for Christmas. And I get a responsibility free day complete with lunch. Ryan knows that he is in charge of the kids and he is in charge all day. I don't even plan when I get home. I just show up. No questions asked. I will be so sad tomorrow. Hopefully if the meds work I will be able to drag myself to Target for a bit with family in tow. It is our family tradition to have each of us pick an ornament of the year from Target the day after Thanksgiving. I would really hate to see that tradition bumped.

I think if this medication didn't require me to be sitting at all times, I would be out shopping tomorrow. But....as it stands........I can't walk a straight line when I am on it let alone drive. Wo is me.

Oh well....Happy Thanksgiving. I am exceedingly thankful for my family and friends. Lots of love to you all.

2 comments:

Jilly said...

I wish you could stick with your yearly tradition
and not have this crazy terrible condition
but think of all of the madness you'll miss
you know the saying "ignorance is bliss"
you won't have to wait in long lines
until you lose your mind
so really it's a blessing
that you feel like ralphing

OMG I am so funny ... right?

SJT said...

Thanks. That made it a tiny bit easier to miss the shopping. That is why you are my BFF.