Sunday, March 29, 2009

Everyone needs one of these

I have a friend. She's a bit older then me. Maybe 15 years older. I LOVE her.

Our kids play together weekly. And we have our "grown up" talks and coffee, while they romp around the house, or whatever designated location we have decided to subject ourselves to.

She is the kind of friend who will always tell me what's what. She has no fear in telling me if I'm being an ass. I think she, Ryan and Jill are the ONLY people who are ALLOWED to do this without repercussions.

However, she is the cat's meow at giving me shiny new perspective. And holy shit do I need that on occasion. She also listens and helps me work things out. I like it.

We don't always agree on everything. But it doesn't matter. Our kids love to be together. Our sons have grown up knowing each other. It's a special bond that I don't think will ever change. And our other kids really dig each other too.

Ryan and I adore her and her husband. They are great people. We have a lot of fun with them. They may be older then us, but they are very young at heart.
Her husband and I are trying to bring the word "FOXY" back. We are those people. I know...right? It works. Don't say it doesn't.

Anyway....I felt like paying this homage to my friend. Who helped me out today with a sticky, messy, stressful, situation. And per usual I feel confident about the decision I will be making and with how I feel about it. I'm not a freak! I'm not!

Thank you for the millionth time friend. You are the bees knees. *wink*

No comments: