Sunday, March 1, 2009

The new baby Ike.

Tonight we visited with my friends Brian and Kara. They just had a baby. He is cute.

We also were able to see Warren. Our beloved Jewish Canadian. He is in town for a Bar Mitzvah.

I love them all. Brian, Kara the baby and Good ol' Zed. That is what I call Warren, cause he is Canadian and his last name starts with a Z. Get it? In french....Canadian.....Zed?

Baby Ike is so so cute. His name is not really Baby Ike. But that is what I will call him until Brian says it's ok to call him Vinnie. Which will never happen, so Baby Ike it is.

We also were able to see some friends we haven't seen in a while. It was a nice evening.

My kids were surprisingly well behaved with the occasional bellow of disagreement from Claire. She would cry when the basement door was shut. It seemed to put my friend Jerry in kind of a small tizzy, only because he didn't know what the big deal was. And Jerry is the type of dude who is so laid back he seems jittery. It's weird. You would know what I meant if you knew him.

But driving home Ryan and I figured out what was going on and why Claire didn't want to be shut into the basement with a room full of strange kids and a super tall dude. Our children were in a new house, and with people they haven't seen in about a year. Now, Claire is only 2. So you can imagine what it was like. I forget I shouldn't just expect my kids to handle this stuff so well. But they do. It's awesome. They are really great with new environments and new people. Blah blah blah...

Enough about my kids.

Brian's baby is awesome! Can't wait to tell him about his "old man". I have stories to tell. Believe it! Maybe when he grows up he will look like Fred Savage too.

No comments: