Monday, March 16, 2009

Just one of those days

Have you ever woken up just.....surly? I did. Today. It is just the way it is.

I have these days where I just feel like if ONE thing doesn't go the way I planned I will freak the fuck out. And today was that day. On days like this I usually do my husband the courtesy of telling him, "I want to pick a fight with you right now and I can't help myself." And he does what any man should do when faced with this sentence. He leaves the room and takes the kids.

Good man.

However, there are the days where I am not that insightful, or civilized, and he receives the full on brunt of surly pants Teegarden. Oh that's me by the way.

Today started out like most mornings. So I thought. I was a bit overtired. I haven't been sleeping well. My dreams have been so vivid I don't feel like I have been sleeping at all. But I digress....we had breakfast like normal.

Then started the whole paying bills fiasco......agony. You have to understand...Ryan and I have a very open communication relationship. When we are mad we talk it out. Boring I know. We also have the whole..."men are from Mars women are from Venus", misunderstandings too. Usually these are due to money.

He gets annoyed or angry about something totally unrelated to me, but I "hear" that he is blaming me or angry with me. And the cycle never ends. Of course we are both idiots at this point in the argument. We use a lot of phrases like, "I can never be angry?" Or, "that is the way it comes across to me!" But really we probably want to just say, "shut the hell up about it already!"

But when I am in "surly mode" it's not good to have these types of "discussions". I pretty much was bitchy all day with the exception of a few fleeting moments. So I watched Brothers and Sisters to quell my irritation. It kinda helped, due to the addition of a rather handsome new brother....blah...sorry.

So....all things considered, I did pretty well. Ryan and the kids are still alive. I count that as a victory. They spent much of the day outside. Away from me. I made dinner and didn't feel too put out. No more serious dialogue regarding finances. And Brian is over with beer so the night will hopefully go on without incident. We'll see. I prefer not to alarm friends with my bitchery. It's reserved exclusively for family.

No comments: