Saturday, March 28, 2009

Oooopsie Daisy.

The other day the kids were playing exceptionally well together, when all of the sudden I hear Claire bellow out, "You're being a DB Miles!"

DB in our house means douche bag. Ok ok...the kids don't ACTUALLY know it means that, but suffice it to say, anyone who is friends with us...knows what it means. And uses it with gusto.

The only reason we gave such an awesome phrase initials is, back when Miles was tiny, I was telling Ryan not to be a douche bag. I think he was monkeying around and it was bugging me....but sure as shit...the minute it came out of my mouth....my "echo" said, "G-ouche bag Daddy!"

Yep. I got the usual, "thanks sweetie" from Ryan. And hence...DB was initiated. Only because I think that word is Hee Haw High-larious. And I like to use it liberally. Because let's face it. On a daily basis, I can run into at least one or two of them just in the first half of my day.

But this revelation of Claire's that those two little letters are pretty derogatory or are in fact something to say to someone when they piss you off.....????? Means I gotta re-think some of my swears.

In one of my very early posts, I talked about "the words I use". Not swears. But words I use that some people would say..."huh?" So I constructed a list of these words. Just for my friends. Cause that's all who read this craziness anyway.

Maybe I should start inventing other words for swears now. Apparently they must be so elaborate, no one will get it. Cause Lord knows I don't need Claire telling some little kid in her class that he's being a, "DB or an A-hole or to shut the F up." Not that I say that stuff around my kids...often.....but DB does slip out. And she used it. In the manner in which it was meant.

AND.....Miles told her, "that's a dirty word! Only grown-ups can say it!" So he knows it too.

As my BFF's mom used to sing.....
Shit Fuck Damn.

I could go on but you get the gist.

1 comment:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Actually, I sang SFD, using the initials around young children. I only came up with that diddy after having to go through puberty with Adrienne!