Thursday, March 26, 2009

Meeting old co-workers

Tonight I was in St. Paul. No kids. No husband. At Cafe Latte with a bunch of old co-workers from back in the day.

It was awesome. Some of them I see all the time. Still. But some I haven't seen in over 10 years. They look the same.

One dude even smelled the same. GAG! He is this huge burly dude who smells like a combination of baby powder and Aqua Velva. He definitely thinks highly of himself. He clearly works out. Muscles like nobody's business, but kinda always gave me the creeps. Anyway...

The women look the same. And let me tell you, they were older then I was when we all worked together. I would say they were easily 10-15 years older when I worked with them. And yet, they look exactly the same. Some even have the same hair style.

I have had this happen to me recently. Meeting old friends. Seeing them for the first time in more then 10 years and they look the same. Nothing has changed. I say what the fuck?!

I most certainly look different. My big ol' round face has been made rounder, thanks to gravity. My "high cheekbones" have sunk into fatty jowls. I'm not kidding. Just check out photos of me from highschool and compare them to now. JOWLS! As far as the eye can see!

Although I have been told the magical cure for falling Korean faces. A friend of mine from Korea, who still lives there, tells me everytime she sees me that I need to....

Put frozen spoons on my cheeks. She would hate for me to "embarrass" my husband by having a fat face.

I told him when we got married, I was gonna be the biggest Teegarden woman in his family. And frick frack if I haven't met that life long goal. Thanks in part to "the cheeks."

3 comments:

Jilly said...

Dork

SJT said...

Whatever! You KNOW what I am talking about. You met that crazy Korean. Talk about bossy Asians!

Kelly said...

I have a theory about people getting "stuck". It usually comes in the late 20's... thats when the choice has to be made. SO MANY Minnesotans lay down their defenses and submit.