Saturday, March 21, 2009

See what lounging in bed all morning gets ya?

My husband always makes the coffee in the am. I require it to function properly. But Ryan is up before the damn rooster crows here to run, and the coffee is made way too early for anyone's good. With the exception of his own.

So my daughter was up until an ungodly hour last night, due to the 30 minute nap she took in the afternoon. When I say ungodly, I mean oh....11pm. Which is too late if you ask me. I mean...I need time to sit sans kids, with a drink, and be able to smooch my sweetie without a peering eye. Kinda ruins the mood when a toddler moans...."ewwwww gross...why are you kissing?"

So she now is sleeping. It's 9:30 am. WE (the collective we) are usually up way before this. So I stay in bed watching infomercials, and checking the internet until she awakens. But...when I came out of my room at 8 am, I noticed once again the coffee timer is almost shutting off. Which indicates the coffee had been made for at least 2 hours and is now in turning off mode. Meaning....cold coffee.

I also notice 3/4 of the pot is gone. I thanked Ryan for saving me some. I notice he has switched to green tea. Interesting.

I point out that most of the coffee is gone. He said, "you're lucky I saved some."

Apparently Miles told him to save some for me. Cause the boy knows I NEED it.

So what DOES laying around all morning get me you ask?

Knowledge, my son realizes I can be a raging bitch if I don't get coffee in the morning. That's pretty much all I got.

No comments: