Friday, March 20, 2009

Fun

Today I got to spend the day with some friends from High School. One girl I haven't seen since I left good ol' Heights. The other is a guy friend who I have seen a few times over the past 2 years.

We got the kids together at a HUGE indoor kids playland. Really it's just a petri dish of who knows what the hell. But great for the kids, and the hand sanitizer companies.

It was weird. The girl, who I haven't seen in almost a full 18 years looks exactly, I mean EXACTLY the same. I found myself looking over at her and feeling like I was back in time. It was weird. And of course I told her so. Several times. Over and over. During the whole day. Tee hee hee. I couldn't help myself. It was crazy. I am sure I sounded a bit batty. But she looked like she hadn't aged at all. And she was certainly just as darling and friendly and adorable as she ever was.

She filled me in on all the goings on with people I had known in the past. Like who got married to who. Who was divorced. Who had kids. And pretty much gossip that followed said individuals after HS. It was fascinating. I hadn't thought of many of those people for years.

Her kids are darling too. Miles and her son got along like you wouldn't believe. It was great.

My guy friend just sat there and put his 2 cents in once in a while. But he didn't seem to remember many of the folks we were talking about. So he just watched his 1 year old make googly eyes at the moms, and at one point, had to go to his son's aid, as he held his little chubby arms up to one of the mom's as if she should hold him. My friend's son not my friend. Shameless really.

But a fun day. I wonder if I will see this girl friend again? We said we would plan it again soon, but...maybe I scared her with the whole insistence she hadn't aged at all. Honestly. It was crazy!

No comments: