Sunday, March 8, 2009

I could totally have another one.

We took care of our friend's baby yesterday. He is 9 months old. Just about the same age Miles was when we got him.

He is a happy baby. Cute, giggly, easy. He ate well. He never cried. He napped. We took him out and about on a kid-centric day. We took him with our 2 kids and another family of 5. It was remarkably easy. We had him for most of the day too.

I thought 3 would just about kill me. But not so much. I think it may be that Miles is pretty old now and can take care of himself. Claire is working on it, and that helps. They both loved playing with the babe too.

Now flip to Ryan's point of view....

WE ARE NOT GETTING ANOTHER BABY! Too hard to get 3 kids in the car. Done and done.

That is the reason. Ha......easy enough I guess. If you know Ryan...you know THAT is reason enough not to get another one.

On a completely random note....when we got together with our friends their middle child asked..."hey!!!! When did you guys GET another baby?" Not HAVE, or when were you pregnant, or I didn't know you were going to have a baby........
Only a group of 5 adopted kids can get away with asking that since we just saw him last week.

I guess it makes sense. One week it was me and Miles on the playdate and then all of the sudden...POOF.....we had Claire. It happened so fast, and there was no lead up like the big belly, or going to the hospital. Now I know why I thought all babies came from the airport until my cousin was "born". I was about 7 when that happened.

Incidentally, both kids have told me they DO NOT under any circumstance want another baby to live with us. Miles even checked in with me this morning to make sure we weren't getting another one. RUDE. I bet his dad set him up to ask me. Just to see.

2 comments:

Kathy's Klothesline said...

Hmmm--bet if you really wanted one you could totally make Ryan think it was his idea!

Kathy said...

I keep telling people--going from 2 kids to 3 kids was far easier than making the first two "transitions" And we got a very nice tax return thanks to #3. ;-)