Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Purge and then Binge

I have had to go through all the kid's clothes today. They have very little left that fits.

I mean if we lived on a flood plain we would be fine, but since we don't...they have been put in bag labeled for garage sale.

A girlfriend of mine is doing a garage sale and has generously offered to price my stuff for me and sell it at her sale. I HEART her. I despise labeling things for sale. Maybe because I know how much I actually paid for the stuff that makes me cringe at selling a 35 dollar sweater for 25 cents. Or just the thought that I am asking people to pay ME for this used stuff. I don't know. Either way...she's gonna do it for me. Thanks friend. Now that I think about it..I'm just lazy.

I did offer it to her for her 2 boys first. I would rather give the stuff to someone who would use it. But I also know her 3 year old is bigger then my almost 5 year old. And the youngest is a baby still.

Then there's, what do I do with all the girl stuff? Anybody I know who has girls....doesn't need it. Either their kids are bigger then mine or they just don't "do" used clothes. Hey I don't judge. I just offer.

So I did the big liquidation this morning.

I am not kidding when I say...My kids have a lot of clothes. And sadly, when I get rid of these, I still have to get more. More cause they keep growing. And for some ungodly reason, my kids have had a growth spurt that I don't care for.

I told Ryan I would have to get some new things for the kids. He just said.."ok". I think he is a little defeated by the notion we will have to go through all this again in less then 6 months.

I love to shop. I will put that out there right now. But to HAVE to shop. I don't care for it.

Ah well. I will go on my kids clothes bender here for a while.
Re-group in another few months and do it again. The cycle never ends. But it's ok. Pretty soon both my kids will be the same size and then they can share clothes. I don't care if they are boy and girl. Unisex is my savior.

No comments: