Thursday, February 5, 2009

I think I need more sleep or something

Every morning is the same. 5am I hear the treadmill. Ryan runs about 6-7 miles everyday. And of course the "running room" is directly under my bedroom. So immediately I am awoken by the fact that I am a lazy-not-very-motivated-individual. This also means I roll back over, cover my head with another pillow, and swear quietly in my head so as to not wake the kids.

Pretty much after that epiphany, I hear Miles run for the bathroom. When I am tired his little 4 year old feet sound like a herd of elephants. Partnered with the treadmill I get a lot of pounding before 6am. He usually goes downstairs to see Ryan running or to just veg out on the sofa, but basically he is up at the crack of dawn.

Claire soon follows, but usually comes into my room and pounces on me so she can get under the covers. Cause it's pretty darn cold in our house at that time in the morning. But today...a special gift. A cold wet body was snuggling up next to me. Her pull up leaked like nobody's business. Seriously?!

Then breakfast. But I had to "wake" up slowly. I have a raging headache today. Must have slept funny or something. And so I just laid there watching the Today show. Then I see Ryan come down the hall and look at me like..."are you GETTING up?" Although he says he was just looking in. But we all know.....THAT LOOK.

Then on to paying bills together. As a couple. Fun. Lots of fun! I mean it...SUPER FUN! *insert big fat sarcastic eye roll here*

Now I am crabby. Of course. It's only 9:21 am for crap's sake! I have decided all that monkey business should be reserved for later in the day when I have main lined coffee for at least 4-5 hours.

I really hope I get a nap or the day just somehow miraculously improves my mood. The kids are playing nicely together with light sabers. Oh...scratch that...Miles is now bawling cause Claire wanted her blue saber back and he wants it. GOD!!!!!

Need more coffee!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Wow. I'm feeling much better about my hedon-esque lifestyle once again. Thanks for the vivid detail, and the recharge.

You, ma'am, have a new blog follower.