Saturday, February 21, 2009

Ummmm.....yeah I did.

I wasn't going to post anymore today, but I couldn't NOT post this.

Our day was totally derailed today. No babysitting as I specified earlier, and then our bowling trip was canceled. Our friends have the stomach flu and we, having just had it, politely declined getting together. All the while in my mind...yelling and screaming as they were just at our house the other day. Time to Clorox wipe everything again.

We decided to take the kids to the Zoo. We have a membership and go at least once a month. The kids love it.

Today was crazy in their parking lot. Apparently everyone who arrived there, arrived BEFORE the plows went through their lot. It was madness. Cars were triple parked and facing the wrong way. It was bad bad bad!

Ryan and I were able to find a spot pretty close to the entrance of the zoo. Which if you have been to the zoo is kinda hard to come by. But it was getting close to the end of the day and people were leaving.

Ryan put on his signal waiting patiently for someone to exit their spot. THE COURTEOUS THING TO DO. And just and the car started to pull out, a huge SUV whipped around the corner and blocked them from getting out. It seemed as if they wanted that spot. But the van leaving realized we had been waiting and let us get it.

As soon as Ryan opened his door the huge SUV next to us rolled down their window and proceeded to lecture Ryan about how that other SUV had been "waiting" for that spot and that Ryan was being rude. So Ryan being the nice guy, moved. He said he wasn't sure if they had been waiting or not. But he is always the nice guy. Oh and the dude talking to Ryan was a dick.

So we ended up parking at least another 16 rows back.

Now....I don't usually pick fights with people over parking spaces. As a matter of fact I would have to say this would be my first. But as I carried, yes carried, a yelling-crying-squirming 2 year old from 16 rows back through slush...I started to get pissed. Why didn't I have a stroller you ask? Because...she's 2 and can walk. The only reason I was carrying her in the first place is cause she fell asleep in the car and was wobbly to begin with.

But after I walked by the 2 SUV's, still there with the dudes hanging out, I saw red. Now you have to understand. There were 3 HUGE dudes with a camera and a tripod, and one woman in their group. So for me to pick a fight with them was kinda dumb. But whatever! So I proceeded to say, "Thanks for the lecture about parking etiquette. I understand now. You are together." And it went on from there. He said at one point after trying to argue with me, "I'm not trying to be the parking lot monitor!" At which point I said, "REALLY! Cause it seems like you are."

Poor Ryan. Like I said....he doesn't get embarrassed by me, but this definitely could have been one of the times he did. But he didn't. He just said later he was surprised I said something at all.

Maybe it's the PMS. Who knows. Just know this...if you see a silver CR-V with a Korean lady driving....don't boss me around in a parking lot. I'm not afraid.

4 comments:

Jilly said...

I'll cut you!

SJT said...

Thank you! I REALLY wanted to say that! I did. For real. Really. Thanks.

Kelly said...

I'd love to back ya, but I hate what the zoo stands for so it seems like karma to me. And, yes, thats coming from a dude who has killed more squirrels that traffic.

SJT said...

That's ok. I know how some people feel about the zoo. It's parallel to how I feel about vegetarians. It's sometimes just wrong.