Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pure Romance? Be warned....sex talk here!

They call it a "lightsaber". Ha! I am sure my family would LOVE the Star Wars reference. Probably shouldn't let the kids see it....but I wonder why oh why there is the need for such a thing that involves you, sitting in a room full of strangers, drinking chocotinis, ordering sex toys.

In the mornings when I get ready I always listen to KDWB. It is the ONLY time I listen to it. I don't know why as I don't care for the music. I am more of The Current kind a gal, but I do like to listen to crap in the early morning hours. Today there was a commercial for Pure Romance parties. I have no idea what this is all about. I have heard about it a little via the commercials, but I decided to go online and check it out.

Basically it's like the Pampered Chef or Partylite party, but instead of cooking gadgets or candles, they sell sex toys, how-to videos, and miscellaneous paraphernalia that involves feathers and leather.

I can only imagine the scene. Stay-at-home-moms sitting around in someone's living room. Sipping some kind of fruity cocktail, laughing embarrassedly as they pass the "tickle and whip" or the "beginner's bondage fantasy" kit. Yes those are the real names. Check out their website if you don't believe me.

For some reason the dvd title of "ride em' cowgirl" and "tickle his pickle" don't strike me as romantic. But who am I to judge. And I am NOT a prude by any stretch.

I just don't think those kind of parties are for me. What happened to the good ol' days when you and friends went to Sex World, marveled at the "king dong" and the multi-colored vibrators, and checked out what was new and hip in the fetish section of the video rental area?

Oh....that's only me?

No comments: